Saturday, September 20, 2008

Candle in the Wind

Candle in the Wind
entrancing, entrancing
the way you flicker and flicker
holding on so tenuously
tenaciously to the light of life
to stage a shadow dance

you tiptoe your way so
effortlessly and subtly onto
my heart, my soul, evoking
memories of last autumn you
stepped out of my life, so sudden,
so abrupt, the leaves strained to
hold a a million of your smiles
gliding, trailing, twirling in the winds

your memories now flicker
flicker like the bristles of an
artist's brush and the candle
in the wind that infuse a pastiche
of warm and rueful pathos onto
our fleeting and fluctuating relationship

candle in the wind
I feel like a candle in the wind
holding onto its light fighting to
keep myself alighted, to make
my own existence relevant

candle in the wind
I feel like a candle in the wind
holding onto light fighting
to keep myself alighted,
to make my own existence relevant

No comments: